Reading this week's title of GoT gave me chills and thrills! The Wall, they're finally climbing the Wall!
This episode is just full of great quotes, not much action like the battles, swordfights, or the love scenes we saw in previous episodes but still packs a great punch when it comes to dialogue.
- We see Samwell again with Gilly!
- Meera and Osha rabbit skinning showdown with Brandon telling them to stop fighting each other, Jojen having seizure, Rickon (we see Rickon!) asking why Jojen is having seizure
- Arya archery lessons
- Thoros, Beric and Melisandre exchange (which is the oddest thing since this didn't happen in the books) where Melisandre took Gendry
- Arya calling out Melisandre a witch and Melisandre telling a foreboding prophecy
- Olenna and Tywin exchange of negotiations
- Jaime trying to cut his steak with his left hand and Brienne, fed up, slammed her fork on the steak so Jaime can cut his steak quietly which he did
- Tyrion confronting Cersei about why the knight of the Kingsguard tried to kill him in the battle of Blackwater
- Baelish and Varys exchange - a war of words
- and of course the climbing of the Wall in where they made it to the top with a small mishap along the way...Snow and Ygritte kissed each other -both views, north and south of the Wall look awesome and amazing
So many good quotes!:
"You're a proper lover Jon Snow" "You're going to be loyal to your woman" = Ygritte
"And if you fall, don't scream, you don't want that to be the last thing she remembers"=Tormund to Jon Snow
"Your eyes knows where the arrow wants it to go. Trust your eyes"= Anguy to Arya
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention," The Boy says to Theon (poor Theon!)
"The laws of the gods says no man can compel another man to marry."=Edmund; to which Brynden Blackfish Tully replies "the laws of my fist are about to compel your teeth"
"I've won every battle, but I'm losing this war. If we don't do this, and do it now, we're lost.""You're paying for my sins Uncle, it's not fair or right- I'll remember it"=Robb Stark to his uncle Edmure
"Instead you're here, watching me fail at dinner. Why might that be?"=Jaime to Roose Bolton
"I would hope you'd have learned your lesson about overplaying your ... position."=Roose Bolton to Jaime
"a sword-swallower through and through." =Lady Olenna responding to Tywin about Loras
"It's rare enough thing for a man to live up to his reputation" = Lady Olenna to Hand of the King
"It's hard to say which of the four of us is getting the worst of this arrangement."= Tyrion to Cersei
"Father doesn't discriminate, we are all being shipped off to hell together"=Cersei to which Tyrion replies "A boat you built"
"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who tried to climb it fail (showing a scene of Joffrey and Ros- poor Ros!) never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb but they refuse (showing Sansa crying for the missed chance of Baelish offer) they cling to the realm. Or the gods. Or love...Only the ladder is real, the climb is all there is."=Baelish to Varys
Thoughts, comments, any favorite scenes (or quotes!) from this episode?